Thursday, September 8, 2011

Boys 9th Birthday Invitations

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

It's that time again in our household.  A busy month with a birthday party or two looming in the next couple of weeks.  Actually my son has picked an easy party that requires minimal effort on my behalf except to prepare and organise food, cake and party favours.  The kids will be going to dark zone and then back here for food and cake too finish off.  Too easy....  Then of course there will be a family get together.  As the kids are getting older it is now harder to combine friends and family and its just easier to do two seperate parties albeit double the work.

Anyway here is the invite I designed and created last night. My idea behind these invites was to make them cool, fun and casual.  I am loving the Glassine Bags.  Envelopes are things of the past around here.  The best thing about popping the invitations in a bag rather than an envelope means you have more options for different sizes.  I didn't have to stick to a standard size envelope to make the invite fit into the envelope.  I wanted to decorate the bags a little more, but these were the quickest whip up at 11pm last night so I refrained.

Supplies Used - The patterned paper used to punch the stars out is Glitz Designs Basic Stripes and the twine to wrap around the invite is Blueberry By Divine Twine.  The rest is just printed from my computer onto white cardstock and then backed with red cardstock.  The stars are double punched and added with dimensional tape between them to give some lift.  These invites look really cool are simple to make and perfect for a 9 yr olds party and my son loved them.



Enough chatting for now I am off to my Zumba Class and then home to work through that never ending to do list for the day.  Have a fabulously creative Thursday Everyone!!! xxxx




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...