Thursday, November 19, 2009

Growing up so quickly...


My gorgeous daughter Melanie is 9 today, I can't believe it 9 where did those 9 years go. Happy Birthday dear Mel!! The first photo is of Mel when she was probably about 3 - 4. The other of course is of this morning.
Amongst all the morning rush it is my tradition that the kids always get their pressies on their birthday morning even though their parties are usually not until the weekend.
Melanie wanted a guitar for her birthday this year, not sure why, but hey who am I to argue, it was an easy present to buy, although this now means guitar lessons. However I don't mind I love music and I love kids learning music, I learnt the piano as a kid and I think it's great to know the basics of an instrument. Music is so beautiful and soothing for the soul. Working from home means I get to listen to whatever I like and it usually is a combination of inspirational downloads on the internet or music. If you are ever wanting a pick me up my absolute favourite website and online radio station is Hay House. You can listen to it day or night, I just love it and often I hear just what I am needing to hear at just the right time, very sychronistic. Here is the link if you want to check it out http://www.hayhouseradio.com/. I highly recomend it, if of course you are into that sort of thing, I know its not everyones cup of tea.
Okay well I just wanted to pop in and acknowledge my daughters birthday, it is also my big sisters birthday tomorrow but she is in China working from there so big hugs to you as well Sis we will see you next week.
Hope you are all staying cool in this hot Melb heat. I have to do a delivery of icy-poles to my daughters class this afternoon, that's what she chose rather than a cake or cupcakes to share with her classmates, I just need to make sure I get them there still frozen.
Happy Day to all!!
Anna

2 comments:

Little Eve said...

Hi Anna,
I'm a day late to say happy birthday to your gorgeous girl. She's so sweet looking! I hope she has fun with her new guitar - sounds like my daughter.
Thank goodness for the cool change today. Have a lovely weekend!

Anna said...

Thanks for your birthday wishes. I agree about the cool change and I have had enough of this weather, already, it's nice to have a break with some cooler weather and even some rain. Anna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...