Sunday, December 20, 2009

When one door closes another one opens...



Just popping in to say hi! on this quiet and relaxing Sunday, at least it is for me. After a really busy few days I can finally sit back and breathe a sigh of relief, that well most of the fesitivties and activites have come and gone and I survived it all!! It has been a busy 2 months with lots on and on top of it all trying to run and maintain a business which has also been really busy as well.

Friday was a hugely emotional day for me with tears beginning before I'd even dropped the kids off at school. It was my daughters final day at Primary School and I'm not sure why but for me it was a really big deal. I managed to hold it together mostly by the end of the day. On top of that my sons school teacher was moving to another school and that was also a little sad and a few tears were shed there with all the mums saying farewell and good luck.
Trying to get a photo of the 3 kids before we left for school was a non event. As it was the last day I would be dropping off my 3 kids to the one school I wanted a photo, of course it was 8.47am and we had to get going but I couldn't get them all to cooperate and smile at the same time, so I took 3 photos none of which I am happy with, and in my rush I was taking them at the wrong angle anyway, I just gave up and took them to school. So there are my 3 monkeys, which I absolutely love and adore and who definitely drive me crazy a lot of the time but on the flip side they are all becoming a little more grown up each day and I can see their personalities really beginning to come through and I love the way sometimes the comments they make just crack me up.
I am really nervous about my eldest starting high school next year, she has really loved her friends the last couple of years and she has also had a fantastic teacher the last two years and I know she is a little hesitant to leave it all behind. I guess though we all need to change and grow and in those moments where we are taken out of our comfort zone coming through on the other side can be really rewarding. So I am holding onto that thought that a new school and new friends will be really good for her.
The last couple of nights we have had parties on the first on Friday night was my nephews 21st party and last night was a friends 40th. I just have to absolutely laugh because everyone at the 40th partied much harder and longer than the 21st on the Friday. My husband and I were sort of looking at each other on the way home this morning at 3am, saying isn't it meant to be the other way around!! What the??? Having said that though well my husband is now having an afternoon nap to recover. What it is with men and their naps?? Anyway both nights were really good, but I have missed my kids both nights because they weren't invited to either parties and am looking forward to a night at home with a movie and popcorn and some time with them.
This was a hugely personal post and if you made it to the end well done. I am going to try and make an effort to post every day or so if possible this week especially leading up to Christmas.
That about wraps up my events for the weekend I hope you have all managed to get your Christmas shopping done I have done maybe 3/4 so it will be interesting now finishing the rest with the kids home.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Anna

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey that is true and interesting for three children. Looks so cute three of them and all can help each other in any way. Big family are being so happy after all as past years.
任天堂DSi R4

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...