Sunday, March 13, 2011

I just had to share this image

I remember having a conversation about left and right brain with my life coach last year some time.  The focus was about encouraging myself to use the right brain more which is our creative brain as well as the intuitive side of the brain to make decisions, the one that instinctively knows what to do, whereas the left brain is the more the analytical mind the one that rehashes things around and around before making a decision.  I also call this the ego mind and the one that keeps throwing up lots of self doubt.  Obviously we need to be some of both but usually are one more than the other.  I know which one I am.  There is a desciption below the picture of each brain.  I just love, love image. it will remind me to stop overthinking and just do what feels right before the left brain has a chance to get in and anyalse it to the point where I procrastinate and then do nothing. 


Left brain: I am the left brain. I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A master of words and language. Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am.

Right brain: I am the right brain. I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feat. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.

Happy Sunday Everyone
Anna xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...