Friday, July 15, 2011

Randomn Update of My Day, Yummy Food and a Good Book

Hi There Everyone,

I know I posted less than 24hrs ago and here I am again OMG!!.  I have to say this is a really randomn post and only because I am in the mood.  So often I will bake and cook and take photos of it so I can share on this blog and then of course I never get around to it.  So because we have been home this afternoon I managed to convince the kids to help me make the easiest Ricotta Gnocchi.  So here are some photos this is what's on our table for dinner tonight (these are not yet cooked by the way).  These gnocchi are so easy and quick to make it is a crime to buy them premade.

I use the usual Italian style recipe add as you go until the consistency seems right.  However if you wish to endeavour to make these you can google and hundreds of recipes will come up.  So simple and yummy and my kids love them way more than the potato gnocchi.



Of course some home made sauce to match.  I usually buy canned tomatoes and the passata and add herbs and vegies like onion, celery, carrot, parsley, garlic and let it boil/simmer away for a couple of hours.  I often do a really big batch with mince as well and then freeze for a future meal but just doing enough for tonights meal.  The sauce is bubbling away in these photos, you can't really see the steam but it looks and smells delicious.




On another note, I also feel compelled to share that I purchased this amazing book Writing Down your Soul a few weeks ago and it arrived yesterday so I have been reading last night and today on and off when I have a spare 10 minutes.  Absolutely love it.  For those of you who journal or would love to journal this is a must read.  I heard this author speak a month or so back on an internet radio show and I was sold.  If you would like to listen to the interview you can find it at Empowered Living Archives the Interview with Janet Conner May 19th 2011.  On a side note the host of this radio show Steve Maraboli is just so awesome and inspiring.  Everyone needs someone like this guy on their team. I often put his archived shows on in the background when I am creating and usually by the end of listening I am so uplifted and motivated. 


So back to this book, I know the cover looks a bit eerie but its actually a really great book if you like non fiction and are into spirituality, personal growth and healing.  If this isn't your cup of tea then give it a miss.  I have to say there are so many great books out there and I want to read them all but sometimes I think I already have so many however I am so open to learning anything new that its a bit of an addiction. 

Have a great night.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...